3293 Moenkopi Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89161
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area has one developed campground. Red Rock Canyon Campground is located two miles east of the Visitor Center on west Charleston Boulevard (State Route 159) and then one mile south on Moenkopi Road.
The campground is accessible 24 hours a day. There is no check-in for individual sites, however, payment of fees must be made within 30 minutes of arrival at the self-registration station. Campers with tents and recreational vehicles are intermixed in the area.
- There are no electrical, water and sewer hook-ups.
- There is no dump station.
- There are no showers.
- Shade is provided at all of the group sites and half of the individual sites.
- Restrooms are vault toilets.
- Water faucets for drinking water are located throughout the campground.
- No firewood available on-site.
- Picnic tables, campfire rings & grills are located at all sites except the walk-in sites.
- Walk-in sites don’t have campfire rings, shade structures or tent pads.
- Campground closes over the summer from around Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Check in is 12pm, check out is 11am.
The campground has 72 individual campsites (including 14 walk-in, 5 RV & 3 accessible sites). To make campsite availability fair to all, there is a 14-day limit in effect. Individual sites are not reservable.
- Limit 10 people per campsite.
- $20 per night per site. Walk-in sites are $10 per night per site.
- Two vehicles per site.
- A sand tent pad is provided for approximately 2 tents.
The campground has 7 group campsites which are available through reservation.
- 10 to 15 people per site.
- $60 per night per site.
- Up to eight vehicles per site.
- Each site has about 12 areas for tents.
- Not a day use area. At least 10 campers must be spending the night.
- Each group site has about 12 areas for tents, some of which can fit 2 small tents.
- Check in required
- Commercial groups require additional permitting
- Reservations made on www.recreation.gov
You are responsible for knowing campground rules and regulations.
- Generators are permitted between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. (the use of generators, radios, music players etc., are prohibited during this time).
- Pets must be leashed and attended at all times. Waste must be cleaned up & thrown away.
- Maximum 14-day limit in any 28-day period.
- America the Beautiful (the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series) Senior and Access pass holders receive a 50% discount on individual site camping fees. No discount on group sites.
- No refunds are issued for individual sites.
It is not suggested to arrive in the middle of the night in the hopes of locating an empty campsite, especially during the fall and spring. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods are also very busy as are other holiday weekends.
To Assist You
Campground hosts live on-site and volunteer for the Bureau of Land Management. They are there to assist you in making your visit as enjoyable as possible.
Red Rock Canyon Campground single sites to move to national reservation system
Visitors may reserve single campground sites at Red Rock Canyon Campground online or by phone for visits starting in 2019.
Beginning October 15, 2018, Red Rock Canyon Campsite reservations for camping dates from January 1, 2019 and beyond can be made at http://www.recreation.gov, or by calling the national reservation hotline 1-877-444-6777. Reservations can be made up to six months in advance but not less than 48 hours of the desired arrival date. Camping rates have not changed and are $20 per night for the standard and RV sites, $10 for the walk-to sites, and $60 for the group sites.
Currently, only the seven large group campsites at Red Rock Canyon Campground are on the online reservation system; however, 66 of the 80 single campsites will be available on the system for camping starting January 1, 2019. The remaining 14 campsites will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.